Welcome to TripPost! TripPost is an application that offers the tools to create, budget, and share trip itineraries. Our website, mobile applications, and related applications are owned and operated by Indi, LLC.
At Indi, LLC, We’re making changes to keep up with trends and new regulations by expanding product offerings and to ensure that we continue to be transparent about our practices. These updates also address the new requirements under the European Union (EU) data protection law called the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which goes into effect on May 25, 2018.
- Services Provided: We made changes to the terms to clarify our relationship with our users in regards to what we do and provide as part of our services.
We hope you’ll find these updated and new terms and policies beneficial, but if you have any feedback, please feel free to contact us. We’ll review all feedback we receive on the matter, and will take action as appropriate. Keep in mind that we may not be able to respond to these requests individually.
Overall, you should not experience any change in how you use TripPost's products and services, and our platform will continue to provide you with the experience you’ve come to know and trust.
We at Indi, LLC, are very conscious that providing information publicly and online involves a great deal of trust on your part. We take this very seriously and make it a high priority to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal information you provide to us when you use our Service.
Our Policy applies to all visitors, users, and others who access the Service ("Users").
- THE INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
Information you provide to us directly:
- Your username, email address, and password when you register for a TripPost account.
- Profile information that you provide for your user profile (e.g., first and last name, picture). This information allows us to help you or others be "found" on TripPost.
- User Content (e.g., photos, comments, and other materials) that you post to the Service.
Finding friends on TripPost:
- If you choose to find your friends through a search of names or usernames on TripPost then simply type a name to search and we will perform a search on our Service.
- We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure user traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including but not limited to, add-ons, the web pages you visit and source from, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. Our analytics tools do not allow us to identify any particular individual User. It has the capabilities to show user analytics as a whole.
Cookies and similar technologies:
- Cookies are small data text files and can be stored on your computer’s hard drive or your Device.
- SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside of TripPost without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
Third parties or partners with whom we may share your information:
- Currently, we do not have any partners, affiliates, or ad networks that would need to view any of your information.
Parties with whom you may decide to share your User Content:
- Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service, such as User Content, becomes available to the public. In the foreseeable future, there will be a follow/follow request option in your profile settings to help you regulate who can view your public content (people who are approved followers).
- If you remove information that you posted publicly to the Service, copies may remain viewable by Users that may have copied or saved.
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm:
- We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request, whether is be inside or outside of the United States (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with national and international recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: prevent, detect, and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent imminent bodily harm or death. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
- We may also share your information in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
In the event of a change of control:
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- Help you access and manage the information on your account after you sign in
- Save information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service.
- Provide, test, monitor, and improve the effectiveness of our Service
- Develop and test new products and features
- Monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, user traffic, and demographic patterns
- To communicate with you
- Diagnose or fix technology problems (i.e. bugs, glitches)
- Automatically update the TripPost application on your device
- To respond to your questions and/or comments
- To help prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities
- HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Storage and Processing:
- Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in the United States.
- TripPost may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information from your country’s jurisdictions to around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
- We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, Indi, LLC cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to TripPost or the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
- You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password, account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and TripPost, at all times. Your privacy settings may also change due to other social media services you connect to TripPost. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
How you can access your information:
- We take measurable steps to establish that your information is related to its intended use, completeness, and accuracy. You can update your information by going into settings in the mobile application. It is your option to provide us with any information that is not required.
How we protect your information
- Indi, LLC is committed to protect the information we collect from you. Although there is no app nor website that can guarantee absolute security, we have security measures that we enforced to help protect your information. Only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information for only business related reasons. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting your personal information between your system and ours and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information.
- YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
Your account information and profile/privacy settings:
- Update your account at any time by logging in and changing your profile settings. Some changes might require you to input your password again, for security purposes.
How long we keep your User Content:
- Following termination by us or deactivation of your account, TripPost may retain information (including your profile information) and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
- CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
Indi, LLC does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Service. The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 18. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 18, we will delete that information as quickly as we can. If you or another user believes that we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us.
- OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
- Visiting our Website from outside the United States
- If you are using the Service outside of the United States, be aware that the information you provide us may be stored, transferred, and processed in our central database in the United States. In other countries, data protection and other laws may differ. Please be assured that Indi, LLC does take necessary steps to protect your privacy.
- HOW TO CONTACT US ABOUT A DECEASED USER
Please contact us in an event of a deceased TripPost user. We will contact you via email with the email address that you provide us in the contact us section.
- HOW TO CONTACT US